About Us: Part 1

Hi! We are new to blogging, but want to give it a shot. So lets meet the brains behind this thing!

Nice to meet you! We are Nat and Jill of Camp Chubby and are here to tell you a bit more about us. We are sisters, born and raised in the PNW. We are pretty much opposites at everything in life, but are collaborating to give you a glimpse at what we like to do with our lives.  Follow along if you like easy recipes, cute animal photos, and random adventure stories!

Part 1.
Hi, I'm Jill. I live my dog, Banks, 2 Russian tortoises, Truman and Peter, and a couple chickens all with my S.O., Mathias. I grew up on a small hobby farm with goats, cattle, horses, donkeys, cats, dogs, bunnies, ducks...you get the picture! From a young age, my family nurtured my love for animals, prompting what I do for a living today. I work at a local animal rescue, helping thousands of dogs and cats find their forever homes every year. Specifically, I work in the Foster Department which handles all things neonatal in the dog and cat world! Everything from bottle fed puppies and kittens, to nursing mom animals, I care for them all! A big advocate for adopting your furry friends, I have played Matchmaker in placing several animals in their perfect, forever homes. A dream of mine is to someday have my own rescue, focusing primarily on the rehabilitation of pit bulls and pit bull mixes, paying special attention to those with medical needs. Banks (affectionately referred to as any of the following; Boogie, Bug, Frogdog, "Leave it", "What are you doing", and Rotten) is a small, mischievous pit bull with a sad start to life, and is the reason I have stayed in animal rescue and now have a huge love for all things pibble! You'll likely read a lot about him on this blog. Another love of mine is food. Making it, eating it, studying it. I love to spend my free time in the kitchen testing new recipes (to be honest, I don't follow recipes...I lack the focus to stay with an itemized list of ingredients and amounts, so I usually just use them as a reference), or making old favorites. You'll see lots of that type of thing posted here, too. I love learning about almost anything, so if you have tips on life to share, please do!

Comments

Popular Posts